Monday, August 19, 2019

Mount Madonna Trail Run - buck up #TeamSatyaRaj

Mount Madonna trail run


Aug 17, 2019 Pacific Coast trail runs Mount Madonna

Normally this post would catalog the day’s events, not this one.
This race was inspired by the fight for life by my dear brother,
Sunder aka Raj or Sunder Rajan.

Sunder at Google Xfin y2013
He’s taken one to the chin on this one and carried himself with
utmost positivity through these trying times. 
It’s actually the team effort of Satya and Raj.
Who, although together, while seeming to work in opposition,
work toward one common goal.
Raj’s well-being. Go #TeamSatyaRaj.
The Team
That was the point of this race for me - to reflect on the
recent events in his life.
This diagnosis was laid at his doorstep on June 30, 2019
Saying, life's thrown me a curve-ball; it is what it is.
He went about executing on the biggest event of their lives so far,
the inaugural dance of my nieces.
In addition the response to this has been a beautiful
coming together of family and friends fills me
with a sense of gratitude for the village, the satsang that life is.


Back to now....

Today’s race had some of those characteristics -
running purely on inspiration, on an unseasonably
cool bay-ridge trail, so perfect running weather.
It took me down approximately 1000 feet before
starting the climb. 
In between chanting my thoughts kept drifting
back to Raj - I have resolved that we’ll come back together when he’s able to take on these trails and do the run together.
Today’s chanting mala consisted of Geeta Dhyanam,
Purushottama Yoga and Vishnu Sahastranamam. 
I got through 3 malas during the 17 km.
guiding me on Montour Trail, PA

To my guardian angel, Raj; here’s one in
solidarity with your fight.

Play it to win it!v Hari Om

No comments: